COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT: Please note that processing of all orders, pick-ups and deliveries can only take place once national lockdown restrictions are lifted.
DELIVERY LEAD TIMES
We pride ourselves in providing an end-to-end service from store to your home. To achieve this we have our own delivery vehicles and installation team in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban. Your location and order size may impact the cost and time at which we can get your order to you. Provided all items are in stock, delivery lead times are as follows:
JOHANNESBURG MAIN CENTRE
DURBAN MAIN CENTRE
PRETORIA MAIN CENTRE
5 to 8 business days
CAPE TOWN MAIN CENTRE
6 to 12 business days
7 to 14 business days
DELIVERY HANDLED BY HOUSE OF MANGAR (Durban, Pretoria & Johannesburg only)
- Your items will be delivered to your home, where we’ll carefully unpack and each item is inspected. Pieces will be assembled and placed where needed, all packing materials will be removed. As part of our full service offering we will try to handle our own deliveries as much as possible
- Please note that we do not offer hoisting of any nature. We do not carry furniture beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available that can accommodate the furniture. We are a brand that prides itself on good service, we offer to place a piece in your desired room when possible.
- Due to safety and risk management we are unable to move personally owned pieces of furniture around a home. We encourage you to clear the space for your House of Mangar piece before it is delivered.
- We ask that you inspect your delivery and provide a signature upon receipt. Upon placing your order, please provide a daytime contact number to arrange a delivery time.
DELIVERY HANDLED BY OUR NATIONAL LOGISTICS PARTNERS
- To meet delivery requirements that are outside of our reach in the best way possible, we have chosen to partner with selected service providers who are able to deliver anywhere within South Africa
- Our National delivery partners are only able to offer delivery to your front door and will not assist in the removal of packaging or placement of the piece in your home. For special delivery requirements, added services and quotes please contact our team on +27 824043775
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
When your order is dispatched, we will contact you by email and/or SMS with the relevant tracking information so you can keep a close eye on your delivery. For larger orders consisting of bulky or fragile items, you will also receive a call from us to confirm a suitable time for delivery. We or the courier will be in touch with you throughout the delivery process, so you are informed at every step.
Deliveries for non-bulky and non-fragile goods will be treated as a standard delivery to the address specified in your order. This is a door to door delivery, excludes unwrapping of item and placement within your home.
For our bulky or fragile goods we use our own vehicles or our preferred service providers (area dependent) as we believe your purchase deserves a special degree of handling. Item/s will be unloaded and carefully placed in your home at the agreed delivery date and time. This service does include unpacking or packaging removal.
COLLECTING YOUR ORDER
- Should you choose to collect your order from one of our stores please indicate this when placing your order, we will need to ensure that your item/s are in stock at that specific branch.
- We strive to have stock available at all our branches but this is not always possible. You will be informed should an item not be available at a specific branch. Upon collection our team will ensure your order is securely packaged. Please note House of Mangar will not be liable for the damage of goods once order has been collected.
- Delivery fees are charged upon check out.
- There is a minimum delivery fee of R100 for all orders of R1000 or less.
- For orders above R1000 the delivery fee will be 5% of the order total including VAT.
- We provide a return policy on all products purchased from our website or showrooms. If for any reason whatsoever you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us to arrange the return within 7 days. We will require that the item/s are in an unmarked condition and original packaging for a full refund less the delivery cost. Items customised to certain specifications and accepted by customer cannot be returned as these are bespoke items
- Once we receive the returned products, we will issue your refund within 7 days.
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY
- All deliveries contain valuable goods because of this we do require a signed proof of delivery.
- If you are comfortable with having your order left without the obtaining of your specific signature, please indicate this in the special instructions box when placing your order online or via email.
- We are unable to accept any responsibility for your order once delivered if you select this option.
We accept the following methods of payment:
- CREDIT CARDS
Visa and MasterCard
- DIRECT DEPOSITS
Account Name: House of Mangar (Pty) Ltd
- Bank: Standard Bank
Account No: 283035900
Branch Code: 009953
Reference No: Please use your order confirmation number
All prices in our catalogues and online are priced in ZAR and are inclusive of VAT. Availability, prices and delivery rates are subject to change due to the nature of our business – most of our items are hand made. Prices fluctuate due to our wood being imported. There may be errors in the prices, descriptions or images of certain merchandise, and we reserve the right to restrict orders of those items.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
House of Mangar is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavor to make sure all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. In the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfill your order we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
All shipping costs are exclusive of insurance costs, please specify this when dealing with transport.
FURNITURE DELIVERY RATES
- Deliveries will be charged based on your delivery location. Once delivery is accepted we will carefully unpack and inspect each item, and provide assembly. For your convenience, all packaging materials will be removed.
- We try our best to accommodate our clients needs however please note we do not offer hoisting of any nature. For safety and risk management we are unable to carry any items beyond the 3rd floor unless an elevator is available. We will assist in the placement of your new piece however we are not available to assist in the removal or placement of items which were not purchased at House of Mangar
Our vouchers can be purchased online, once payment has been received you should receive it within a day.
Product Terms and Conditions
Paint Technique work
With regards to paint techniquing finishes carried out on furniture not manufactured by Mangar, Mangar will not be held liable for ‘wear and tear’ or damages or chips on the furniture or discolouration of the paint technique work carried out. Only visible areas are painted.
As we rely on outsourced courier companies to transport our products there is always the chance that breakages may occur. NB: please ensure that all merchandise is checked for breakages while the driver is still present. Any damages should be noted on the waybill before signing. If there are any breakages we require that you report this to us within 7 days of delivery, along with photographic evidence of the item(s) and packaging. We will endeavour to replace the broken article(s), but if this is not possible a credit note will be issued to your account. Unfortunately, Mangar cannot be held liable for the damages reported after 7 days of receipt.
If you have ordered merchandise from our website, catalogue, showroom or exhibitions, but on acceptance you do not like your purchase, we will offer you a credit note. To qualify for this, the product(s) concerned must be returned to Mangar within two weeks of delivery. The transport cost for returning the items to our warehouse remains your responsibility.
Bespoke items and any items purchased during a sale are not refundable.
Please note that our products are not mass produced but all HANDMADE. Expect to see some finishes (painting, carving, cutting, shaping) to have slight variations and imperfections. This is part of the charm and special character of handmade goods.”
We advise that all wooden surfaces Oak & Supawood to be treated with a generous amount of Woodoc “Antique Wax” once a week in order to maintain the richness and texture of the natural wood.
Note of consideration
The tops for the tables, servers, etc are made of solid oak, ash and/or supawood (in some cases) which are then bleached with an Oak colour. The bases of the tables, servers, pedestals, etc are made of American poplar.
The legs are made from pine wood as this is a very durable wood and easy to turn when manufacturing new furniture. Doors & the “boxes” of the units are made from MDF (medium density fibre board) which is a man –made product basically made from crushed eucalyptus and resin – This product is easier to carve and gives a nice smooth finish once painted,
NB: No two items of furniture are the same, each piece of wood varies, in grain and colour together with other imperfections.
The timber reacts differently, to the techniques applied to achieve the “French look”.
As a result of this every piece of furniture will look different.
Please be advised that due to the dry conditions in Johannesburg, RSA, regular wood treatment for your wooden surfaces is required (once a week) in order to prevent bending or lifting of the wood. If the above mentioned damage occurs Mangar will not be held liable. NB: Curtains & blinds subject to final measurements on site.”
House of Mangar will not accept any responsibility for newly applied wallpaper not sticking and/or pulling away from the surface due to problems arisind from: Bad Plastering, poor brick-work, poorly applied Rhinolighting, water seapage and/or damp walls.”
We recommend that all items are dry-cleaned or professionally steam cleaned so as to retain shape and to ensure no shrinkage.”
House of Mangar (Pty) Ltd provides a warranty that the product will be free from defective material and workmanship in relation to the range of products referred to below and subject to the stated limitations. No warranty is provided in relation to any material provided by the customer. The range of the warranty depends on the nature of the product, which is dealt with below. House of Mangar (Pty) Ltd will only be liable to honour a warranty if:
1) The defect existed at the time of delivery and manifested during the warranty period.
2) The defect did not arise due to normal wear and tear or misuse/abuse by the customer.
3) The product concerned is used for the purposes intended and in a domestic environment (unless the latter requirement is waived by House of Mangar (Pty) Ltd in writing)
4) The product is assembled by House of Mangar (Pty) Ltd or by the customer in accordance with supplier’s specifications.
Upholstered Furniture Warranty
We guarantee our frames for 5 years , our foam ,stitching and seat decks for 1 year. We do not guarantee our leather or fabric as we are unable to guarantee the conditions it is subjected to.
Timber products carry a 1 year warranty from date of invoice in respect of frame and workmanship.